Diving Silfra Tour
Silfra, a lava fissure filled with crystal clear glacial water, is counted among the top five dive sites in the world by many prominent dive publications. Silfra is best known for its 100 meter underwater visibility and for being the only place in the world where you can dive between two tectonic plates.
On this dive, you will be able to place one hand on the North American continental plate and the other on the Eurasian continental plate.
If you are a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or the equivalent and have proof of dry suit experience, this is a must-dive site!
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 17 years|
What is included
- 1 guided dive in Silfra
- all necessary diving equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after diving in Silfra
- Silfra entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.
Meeting Point Information
Silfra, Tingvellir National Park, 801 Selfoss, IS, Selfoss 801